Definition of the term “Proof of Concept”
Before talking about the use of Proof of Concept in Software Development let’s talk about the Proof of Concept in general.
The Proof of Concept is usually a process of verification if certain ideas or methods are viable. The Proof of Concept usually is kept incomplete and small for cost and time efficiency goals.
Reasons to use Proof of Concept by Software Developers
Early Development Cycle
A Proof of Concept can generally be used in early development cycle of a software or to sell the concept of the software. Validation of technical feasibility, identification of the possible expectations from a platform, identification of potential stumbling blocks and determination of the scope and customization level required necessarily to complete a project are some of the concepts of early development cycle of a software where PoC can be used.
Performance Issues Identification
Software developers can also use PoC to identify performance issues of the project. These days most of the software developers assemble various applications and solutions by using the functions and services offered by other applications and using certain integration methods. These integration methods are used in the overall context of the software to test them with trial products. It also helps in validating the assumptions regarding the possibilities provided by the framework or platform.
In this way the results provided by the use of Proof of Concept include the confidence factors of technical feasibility along with the factors influencing the overall estimate of the efforts as well as the scope of efforts.
Tips to create an effective Proof of Concept Project
While creating an effective PoC Project you need to prepare documents similar to traditional Software Development project covering the functional and technical requirements. Here are few tips below:
- The software developers who are going to use Proof of Concept to develop their Software later should prepare and display the same architecture in the PoC project
- If security is one of the main issues for a project then there shall be concept shall include a member area GUI with a login screen
- All necessary menus and tabs including search, home-page with logo and the links for the other sub-functions of the project shall be included in the concept
- The developers can use different pages to show the interface of the PoC project after login depending on the roles of the users
- Include a dashboard UI if required for PoC
- PoC can be used to show the scope of interlinking of one or two pages or modules. Make sure only the most important sections of the application are included
- Create a sample report with an exciting UI to illustrate the processes and KPIs
- Include a sample graph, if your project is aimed to use graphs
Creating PoC Documentation
The entire design of the software should be also thoroughly explained in the documentation of you PoC. Following points with brief description can be included in PoC documentation.
- The details of architecture to be used in software development
- The third party tools and all the technologies to be used in software development can be added to this documentation, explaining the reasons of choosing them
- All the modules to be developed can be included in PoC documentations with brief details of its functionality
- The methods used for ensuring the security of the project can also be included in this documentation.
- Each and every menu used in the PoC project can also be explained in it.
How Intechcore can help
At Intechcore we have a vast experience of executing PoC for our clients. Take a look as our service offer Proof of Concept in Software Development and do not hesitate to get in touch with us. Our service representatives would be glad to answer any remaining questions and get your software project started the right way, guaranteeing the smooth ride without risks and obstacles.